Check it out:

Followers

Check Out My Products on TPT!

 photo 08cdd46e.jpg

Follow Me on Pinterest!

 photo 437c1878.jpg

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Make it Monday...last year!




So here are the projects that were inspired by Pinterest that I made for my classroom. I made them for Make it Monday last summer, but I never got around to creating a blog, so I'm playing catch up.

First project was really more of Dad's doing than mine... When I entered my classroom, the previous teacher had left an old, rickety disaster of a bookshelf. However, thanks to my wonderfully handy father, he saw the potential in it and fixed it up for me. It took quite a bit of brown spray paint, screws and a whole new backing added to it. But Dad was able to transform this...
 To this... He did such a great job and it's the perfect size for my library.

The next project was inspired by Sue at The Very Busy Kindergarten. Sue created this bucket for her kid's library books. Hers looked like this:

I loved the letters and the bucket, but I wanted to add a little jungle twist to it. So I went to my favorite store, the Dollar Tree and went on the hunt. I found these...
 And I created this... My kiddos love it and it makes it so easy to keep track of the kid's library books.
The next project came from...I have no idea. There are so many links on Pinterest. I have no idea who the original idea came from. Anyway... I went to Target and bought this 3-drawer sterilite cart. However, I didn't want something see through, so I decided to do a little work on it.
I started with these supplies...
 




And I transformed it into this...

 I've had it for over a year now and it is still in great condition! However, this cabinet is a teacher's hands only. I am unsure if it would be in AS good condition if the kids used it.

My final project for this belated "Make it Monday" edition...
The left was the pinspiration and the right is my re-creation. I used my cricut machine to create the letters. 

Until next time. :)
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment